Hebrews (Crossway Classic Commentaries | CCC) By John Owen
From the Publisher:
The author of Hebrews wanted his audience to know and understand one truth: Christ is superior, and therefore, so is Christianity. The person of Christ is better than prophets and angels, his priesthood is greater than that of Melchizedek and the line of Aaron, and his power within the believer’s life is incomparable. Between these contrasts, the author of Hebrews exhorts readers to persevere in their faith, be obedient, grow in their understanding, and to be careful not to miss the grace of God. John Owen’s unveiling of this text gives pastors and students of the Bible a thorough handle on its key passages. The message of Hebrews proves that Jesus Christ is still the Savior the world needs today. Contemporary believers will be inspired by it as they seek to uphold and defend Christ’s supremacy in a pluralistic world.
Get your copy HERE!
This is a Freebie Roundup for Christian nonfiction during the month of December.
- Untangling Emotions by J. Alasdair Groves and Winston T. Smith
- The Practice of the Presence of God the Best Rule of a Holy Life by Brother Lawrence
- Extreme Devotion: Daily Devotion by Voice of the Martyrs
- How to Reach the West Again: Six Essential Elements of a Missionary Encounter by Tim Keller
- The Hidden Life of Prayer by David McIntyre
- Getty Christmas Hymnal plus 15 free MP3 songs!
- Bearing Fruit: Devotional Stories About Godliness by Diana Kleyn
- A Display of God's Glory by Mark Dever
- Polity: Biblical Arguments on How to Conduct Church Life by Mark Dever
- Eikon: A Journal for Biblical Anthropology - Fall Issue
Post a Comment