A CHRISTMAS CAROL by Charles Dickens (FREE)
Christianaudio.com is giving away the audiobook A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens Free this month. Narrated by Simon Vance.
From the publisher:
A Christmas Carol is a novella by English author Charles Dickens first published by Chapman and Hall and first released on 19 December 1843. The story tells of sour and stingy Ebenezer Scrooge's ideological, ethical, and emotional transformation after the supernatural visitations of Jacob Marley and the Ghosts of Christmases Past, Present, and Yet to Come. The novella met with instant success and critical acclaim.
The book was written and published at a time when Britain was experiencing a nostalgic interest in its forgotten Christmas traditions, and at the time when new customs such as the Christmas tree and greeting cards were being introduced. Dickens' sources for the tale appear to be many and varied but are principally the humiliating experiences of his childhood, his sympathy for the poor, and the Christmas stories of Washington Irving.
Get your copy HERE!
This is a Freebie Roundup for Christian nonfiction during the month of December.
- Hebrews (Crossway Classic Commentaries | CCC) By John Owen
- A Year of Prayer: Growing Closer to God Week After Week by John MacArthur
- Christian Leaders of the Eighteenth Century (Updated, Annotated): Eleven Biographies in One Volume by J. C. Ryle
- The Dark Night of the Soul by St. John of the Cross
- Extreme Devotion: Daily Devotion by Voice of the Martyrs
- How to Reach the West Again: Six Essential Elements of a Missionary Encounter by Tim Keller
- Getty Christmas Hymnal plus 15 free MP3 songs!
- Bearing Fruit: Devotional Stories About Godliness by Diana Kleyn
- A Display of God's Glory by Mark Dever
- Polity: Biblical Arguments on How to Conduct Church Life by Mark Dever
- Eikon: A Journal for Biblical Anthropology - Fall Issue
Post a Comment