Dark Night of the Soul by St John of the Cross (FREE)
Logos is giving away the audiobook for free this month: Dark Night of the Soul by St John of the Cross narrated by Arthur Morey.
From the Publisher:
The great Spanish mystic St. John of the Cross became a Carmelite monk in 1563 and helped St. Teresa of Avila to reform the Carmelite order — enduring persecution and imprisonment for his efforts. Both in his writing and in his life, he demonstrated eloquently his love for God. His written thoughts on man's relationship with God were literacy endeavors that placed him on an intellectual and philosophical level with such great writers as St. Augustine and Thomas Aquinas.
In this work — a spiritual masterpiece and classic of Christian literature and mysticism — he addresses several subjects, among them pride, avarice, envy, and other human imperfections. His discussion of the "dark night of the spirit," which considers afflictions and pain suffered by the soul, is followed by an extended explanation of divine love and the soul's exultant union with God.
Get your copy HERE for Free!
Or the Kindle HERE edition for $.99.
Enter to win Lexham Press Preaching & Teaching Bundle (50 vols.)
Scroll to near the bottom of the page HERE to enter.
Here are Some Other Free Books in April!
- Aquinas at Prayer: The Bible, Mysticism and Poetry by Paul Murray
- The Possibility of Prayer: Finding Stillness with God in a Restless World by John Starke
- Pastoral Leadership: For the Care of Souls by Harold L. Senkbeil, and Lucas V. Woodford
- An All-Consuming Passion for Jesus: Appeals to the Rising Generation by John Piper
- Happily Ever After: How Easter Can Change Your Life For Good by Jonty Allcock