Truth on Fire: Gazing at God Until Your Heart Sings by Adam Ramsey (Free)
The Goodbook company is giving away the book Truth on Fire: Gazing at God Until Your Heart Sings by Adam Ramsey for free.
From the publisher:
Knowing God truly, experiencing Him deeply.
What would it look like to genuinely love God with our head AND our heart? To have a faith marked by right thinking AND right feeling? To know God deeply AND worship him passionately? Too often, Christians act as though these things are at odds with one another. But what if God intends for us to possess a Christianity that is radically committed to biblical truth, in a way that did not diminish the life of the heart, but actually intensified it?
Adam Ramsey invites us to engage both our minds and our emotions in our walk with God as we gaze at him until our hearts sing. He sums it up like this:
“My hope in these following pages is to paint a biblical portrait of what God is actually like, so that we can gaze upon him together until our hearts can’t help but sing. To behold him in such a way that our daily experience is transformed with a deepened awareness of who it is we pray to, who it is that is with us, and who it is that we are loved by. To let God’s truth set our hearts on fire.”
If you yearn for God but desire a clearer biblical picture of this God whom you love, or if you have been walking with God for a while now, but your experience of him has become settled or dry, then this book is for you.
Here is the list of freebies I found for the month of June.
- Karl Barth’s Church Dogmatics: An Introduction and Reader by R. Michael Allen
- Theology of Paul the Apostle by James D. G. Dunn
- Biblical Mourning: Encouragement for Those Who Lost Loved Ones by John Flavel
- Don't Loose Heart: Hope for the Discouraged Soul by Jason Meyer
- The Art of Rest: Faith to hit pause in a world that never stops by Adam Mabry
- Justification: Five Views by Paul Rhodes Eddy
- Viewing Sickness Biblically: How to Make Sense of Seemingly Senseless Sickness by Joseph Whiting
- Why I Love the Apostle Paul 30 Reasons by John Piper
- The Crook in the Lot: God's Sovereignty in Afflictions: In Modern English by Thomas Boston
- Top Ten Ways to Be a Great Leader by Hans Finzel
- Jesus the Gentile Mission by Michael F. Bird
- Sermons 51–94 on the New Testament by St. Augustine
- Going Places with God: A Devotional Journey Through the Lands of the Bible by Wayne Stiles
- Pursuing Revival While Avoiding Revivalism by 9Marks
- La sana doctrina: Cómo crece una iglesia en el amor y en la santidad de Dios by Robert Jamieson