Galatians: Expository Commentary on the New Testament - The Lectio Continua by John Fesko (FREE)
Logos is giving away the book Galatians: Expository Commentary on the New Testament - The Lectio Continua by John Fesko free this month.
From the publisher:
It is for this reason that the Lectio Continua Expository Commentary on the New Testament is being written. It is authored by an array of seasoned pastor-scholars from various Reformed denominations on both sides of the Atlantic.
The Lectio Continua series Testament is not meant to be an academic or highly technical series. Rather, the aim is to provide lectio continua sermons which clearly and faithfully communicate the context, meaning, gravity and application of God's inerrant Word. Each volume of expositions aspires to be redemptive-historical, covenantal, Reformed and confessional, trinitarian, person-and-work-of-Christ-centered, and teeming with practical application. Therefore, the series will be a profound blessing to every Christian believer who longs to 'grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ' (II Peter 3:18).
To this end, J.V. Fesko's commentary, Galatians clearly elucidates the doctrines of justification by faith and sanctification by grace alone. Fesko's simple expository style will connect with all readers yet also instruct us in the systematic doctrines of grace and in the Old Testament context of Galatians. His commentary is practical in orientation and teaches the reader how to live faithfully in the midst of fallen world.
Table of Contents:
1. No Other Gospel (1:1-9)
2. Called by God (1:10-24)
3. Paul Accepted by the Apostles (2:1-10)
4. Justified by Faith Alone (2:11-21)
5. Perfected by the Flesh? (3:1-5)
6. The Gospel in the Old Testament (3:6-9)
7. The Righteous Shall Live by Faith Alone (3:10-14)
8. The Promised Seed (3:15-18)
9. Why the Law? (3:19-22)
10. Sons of Abraham, Sons of God (3:23-29)
11. No Longer Slaves (4:1-7)
12. Never Go Back (4:8-11)
13. Christ Formed in You (4:12-20)
14. Sarah and Hagar (4:21-31)
15. Freedom in Christ (5:1-6)
16. Love One Another (5:7-15)
17. Walk by the Spirit (5:16-18)
18. The Fruit of the Spirit, Part I (5:19-25)
19. The Fruit of the Spirit, Part II (5:19-25)
20. Bearing One Another's Burdens (5:26-6:5)
21. Especially to the Household of Faith (6:6-10)
22. Peace Upon the Israel of God (6:11-18)