Free Logos Book of the Month March
This month Logos is giving away How Bible Stories Work: A Guided Study of Biblical Narrative (Reading the Bible As Literature) by Leland Ryken. When I was at Wheaton I took a class from professor Ryken on the Bible as Literature. It wonderfully brought to life the imagery of the scriptures.
This short book covers,
- "Getting the Most Out of Biblical Narrative
- The Subject of Every Story: The Embodiment of Universal Human Experience
- Setting in Bible Stories: Seeing the Particulars
- Characterization in Bible Stories (Part 1): How Writers Do It
- Characterization in Bible Stories (Part 2): What Readers Need to Do
- Plot Structure and Unity: The Beginning, Middle, and Ending of Each Story
- Plot Devices: How Storytellers Tell Their Story with Beauty and Skill
- Hero Stories: A Neglected but Fruitful Narrative Genre
- From Story to Meaning: How to Find Significance in a Narrative Text"
You can pick it up HERE